Property disputes can be time-consuming and disruptive for both landlords and tenants. At SMR Solicitors, we can assist parties involved in disputes over property, whether commercial or residential. Our specialist expertise and experience means we can advise you on the most practical and appropriate solution for dealing with disputes, including alternative dispute resolution, whether it be informal or formal mediation or negotiation. This is not just a way of potentially resolving a matter without Court action and all the associated costs, but is also an approach that is strongly encouraged by the Courts.
If litigation cannot be avoided, we are able to issue proceedings on your behalf and guide you through the process.
SMR Solicitors can assist you with:
- business lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954;
- rent arrears and service charge recovery;
- dilapidations and other breaches of covenant;
- forfeiture and applications for relief;
- recovery of land or premises from unlawful occupiers/squatters;
- residential possession actions, including rent arrears and mortgaged property;
- disputes with neighbours over rights of way, boundaries and party walls;
- anti-social behaviour and nuisance neighbours.