Employment law is a complex area that can prove hazardous for both employers and employees. At SMR Solicitors, we are committed to giving you appropriate help and guidance on employment issues at every stage.
- help resolve difficulties before they become a problem
- work closely with Human Resource professionals
- understand the needs of clients in a way that promotes good employment relations
We can also assist with the negotiation and drafting of agreements, provide advice on the complex legal issues arising from the employment relationship, and guide you through tribunal or court proceedings.
We also provide advice and guidance in the following areas:
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating employment contracts, directors' service agreements and consultancy agreements
- restrictive covenants, confidentiality and intellectual property
- employed and self-employed status
- disciplinary, ill-health, capability and grievance procedures
- dismissal, including advice and representation in employment tribunals
- discrimination and harassment
- maternity, paternity, flexible working and parental rights
- pay issues and breach of contract disputes
- compromise agreements